Saturday, June 14, 2008

Zoo Day

I took Teagan to the zoo today. It was her first trip since she turned three so she had to get her own pass with her picture on it.


The Zoo train was the highlight for Teagan. She wanted to go again even before the first ride was over. She picked the caboose to ride in. She smiled all the way around.


We had a close up view of a few animals we haven't seen up close before. This tiger was pacing back and forth and made it very easy to get a picture.


We actually fed the bison some grass that was out of their reach. Teagan had been upset because she wanted to feed the ducks but all the feeding areas were closed off for renovations or flooding. She had tried to feed some popcorn to the swans but they were less than interested. So feeding the bison was a great substitute. I tried to explain to her that we eat a lot of bison but I think she didn't quite understand how we could do that.



Malti the baby elephant is now ten months old. She was trying out her trunk today, sucking up water and trying to hold it in. The water just dribbled out the end of her trunk.


This was just a cute picture, not from today. I took Teagan last week for a haircut. They trimmed a few inches off the back. She looks so sweet.

No comments: