This morning Teagan was so excited to see the snowflakes falling. She asked right away if she could go catch them. I got her dressed and Vaun got ready to take her out. I handed him the camera and said "I need a picture with her tongue out". It wasn't hard for him to get the exact picture I wanted for her scrapbook. After catching her snowflakes Teagan rode her bike and daddy was amazed at how well she can steer.
She shocked us both after supper when she read three words "Teagan", "Mommy" and "Daddy". I had written the words on Ziplock bags to label the calzones we had made. I showed her each bag and she told me the name without hesitation. I was surprised so I mixed them up and showed her again. She got them all. Then we went to show Vaun. Again I mixed them up and she read them all. Vaun asked if I had told her what they had said, I hadn't. I just wrote them down and then asked her whose name it was. Every time we play with her Aquadoodle or her Magnadoodle I always write her name and mommy and daddy. I guess she was paying attention. It is just like when she learned "baby sign language", I just showed her enough times that when she was ready she just did it. Vaun has lived with a teacher too long because he remarked that she now knows three sight words. Pretty good for a kid who doesn't know the alphabet yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment