I was awoken Christmas morning at 6:40 am when Teagan crawled into our bed. I told her it wasn't seven. We laid there for awhile then moved to Teagan's bed. At 7am we tried to wake up daddy and soon gave up as he burrowed under the covers. Teagan stopped to look under her tree on the way to wake up Grandma and Grandpa. She was looking under her tree and couldn't find anything. Then I directed her two feet to the right where a large box brightly wrapped lay. She exclaimed "Oh, there it is, no wonder it wasn't under my tree it's too big!" Then we headed off to wake up Grandma and Grandpa. We headed back up stairs and Teagan dumped her stocking out onto the couch. When Grandpa came up she handed him his stocking. She handed out all the stocking after carefully checking names to see who's it was. Then when everyone was ready she tore into her gift. The funniest part was her lying flat on the ground trying to look into the box that was laying upside down.
After gifts we had brunch and went to church. During church Teagan said "Listen, there's a baby crying, it's baby Jesus. I can't see him, where is he?" Too sweet. Grandpa took Teagan up after mass to see the manger scene and show her the baby Jesus. Teagan noticed they didn't have as many animals as she does at home in her stable.
Stay tuned for part two of our Christmas Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment