Thursday, April 29, 2010

No Power

We spent most of today with no power. The power went out at 6:15 am as I was getting out of the shower. Teagan got up at 6:30 as she said her clock was off and she didn't know if it was seven. It was a hard concept for Teagan to understand what electricity is and what it does. She turned on every light just to make sure it wasn't going to work. We were lucky to have a natural gas fireplace and stove. Teagan wanted to craft so we tried in the basement but it was really hard to see what we were doing. Teagan made a cozy place for us to snuggle in front of the fireplace. Then I had the brilliant idea that we could watch a movie on my computer. There was enough battery power for only one movie.
Then we played. We played stair ball, doctor and store. Teagan decided she wanted to go to preschool. I called and they were open and had power. I had to lift up the garage door and as I put it back down I realized I had no house key and I would have to try to lift the heavy door back up, not an easy task.
We had five traffic lights not working on the way to school. I felt sorry for the two elementary schools we passed that had no power. On the way back I stopped at Sobey's, they had power. Then I thought I would try Staples but that whole complex was closed as none of the business had power.
I saw a cop stop a truck that didn't treat the light as a stop sign.
The power came back on just as I was leaving to pick Teagan up from preschool.



Teagan trying to give Grandpa some ice-cream through the phone.



No comments: