Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of School

I realized this morning that Teagan starting school on September 13th was of great significance. On September 13th, 1996, I was interviewed and hired with the Calgary Catholic School District. And today, September 13th, 2010, Teagan will begin her schooling at St. Clare.
"Is it time to go?"
"Are we going to be late?"
We left with 10 minutes to go.
We walked slowly to the bus stop and then Teagan decided we needed to walk a little faster. I took lots of pictures and Teagan was more than happy to pose for me.
When we got to the line lots of kids were already there.
Teagan's line was all little girls and one boy. Only seven kids today. Only half the class today and then the others go tomorrow. There will be twenty kids in her class. Teagan will go again on Wednesday.
She asked for a kiss and then the teachers came to take the kids inside. A wave and blow a kiss and they went into the school.
I cried all the way home. Why do they have to grow up so fast. People tell me the time will fly once she is in school. I think we will have to have a few "sick" days so we can spend a day together.










No comments: