Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Teagan's tooth has been sticking out at a weird angle for weeks now. It has drove everyone crazy, including her teacher. She refused to wiggle it. She ate around it. She was determined it was not going to come out.
Last night she bumped her tooth and it was bleeding and it hurt. It was so loose it wiggled when she talked. She knew it was not going to last. She cried "I knew this day would come!" Vaun and I had to stifle our laughter at that statement because she was seriously disappointed. After two hours of whining and crying, I convinced her to let me pull it and she finally gave in and let me do it. It was barely a tug and it was in my hand. Instantly the whining and crying stopped. Even with the blood pouring out she did not cry. She was giddy with excitement, it was finally over. She grabbed a glass to fill with water. Uncle Jeff had told her that Erinn had put a glass of water by her bed and the Tooth Fairy dipped her dress in it and the water turned the colour of her dress. So we set the water beside her bed and got her settled in. She was too excited to sleep!!
At 3:40 am I was awoken by Teagan crying that the water had not changed colour yet. I sent her back to bed. At 4:20 am I was waken again by Teagan this time with a glass of purple water in her hand. I got out of bed and got her back into bed and told her to sleep now. She was so excited! We are saving the water for daddy to see when he gets home from work.


Notice the tooth waving at you!!




The purple water!

No comments: