Saturday, September 02, 2006

Last Week of August




We went to the Zoo on Monday. We went first to see the gorillas, my personal favorite. Last time we had visited there was a new baby gorilla only two weeks old. Since that visit the baby had died. So very sad and we quietly watched the troop and I of course shed a few tears. Babies are babies and mothers are mothers no matter what species.

Teagan has a new favorite backyard activity and that is playing in the sprinkler. She tries to drag the hose out and carries the sprinkler around even when it is on. It has to be a hot day as the water is very cold. I think we will need to invest in a kiddy pool next summer but it has to have a fountain in it or something because even a bath isn't fun unless the tap is running.

Teagan had a great time at the day home this week. She only cried once when I dropped her off and that was on the first day. Then she broke my heart as she didn't want to come home everyday!! She knows how good she has it at the day home. They celebrated two of the kids' birthdays with parties and cake on two separate days. I think there is another birthday next week. It rained a few days but they usually go to the park everyday and play outside. Vaun and I think she may be getting a little spoiled.

Teagan has been practicing eating with a spoon. She ate her Cheerios this morning and did not too badly. I had to fill her bowl three times for her. She has been eating a lot this week. She is up to 24lbs but I think a growth spurt is in the works so that number should go up. I have been weighing her on our bathroom scale. Teagan thinks it is so funny to stand on the scale. She gets on and off three or four time before I get to read her weight.

It is busy in the evening after work with cooking, feeding, cleaning up, bath time and bedtime but we will soon get into routine. It has been much easier since Teagan loves the day home and Mahwash and Hina are so good to her. I am looking forward to meeting the students this week and getting back into work.

No comments: