We spent this week at home doing things we wanted to do and things that needed doing. I decided to stock the freezer with ready to eat meals just to make life a little easier. I made 8 dozen chicken wings, a turkey pot pie and a chicken pot pie, chili, biscuits and lasagna. It should hold us until my mom comes to stay the end of the month. I also cleaned out the pantry. Vaun spent a good part of yesterday cleaning the laundry room. He moved the washer and dryer out and cleaned the floor too.
I took Teagan to the pool on Thursday. She was very cautious at first. We hadn't been to the pool since summer so I think she had forgotten being there before. It took a while for her to warm up to the idea of being in the water but then she was soon jumping off the side into my arms. We even tried out the hot tub. Teagan wanted to go down the slide but I talked her out of it. She was getting a little too brave at the end for my liking as she didn't want to hold my hand on the pool deck or want me to hold onto her in the deep water. We spent over an hour in the water. We start swimming lessons the end of the month.
Teagan found some of my old toys in the laundry room. She had fun playing with my Little People "A" Frame Cottage. I mentioned to Vaun if it would have any value and he found a few on E-Bay not selling for any great price. It is worth a lot more to me for the memories.
The weather was pretty nice this week so Teagan got out her tricycle. Amazingly her feet now reach the petals. The nice hat she has on is a gift from Marion my mom's cousin, Teagan is so adorable in it.
Yesterday a surprise arrive from Saskatchewan, a new chair. I don't know when grandpa had time to make it but here it is. Teagan was so happy to have a chair of her own. She was always stealing a doll chair at mom and dad's to sit on so dad made one in her size. Her little step stool works well as a table. She even pulled it over to the door so she could puppy watch.
Teagan has been very happy to be home with her toys. She has been having endless tea parties and looking after her babies. It was so cute last night as she had to have all of her babies in bed with her. I went to check on her before I went to bed and the babies were at one end of the crib and Teagan was at the other. I guess they took up too much space. I don't know how I will get her up tomorrow morning for the sitters as Teagan has been sleeping until after 8:00am every morning. It has been nice for sleeping in but tomorrow will be a rude awakening back to real life.
No comments:
Post a Comment