Thursday, June 25, 2009
Goodnight Little One
Teagan has been talking so much lately about growing up and getting big. I decided to try to convince her to stay little by telling her that when she is big she won't live with us anymore. I hoped she would want to stay little forever. That was a hard truth for my little girl. Instant tears! She didn't say another word about it until I was putting her to bed tonight. She teared up and asked me when I was leaving her. So I explained that when she grows up and gets married she will leave us. She absolutely sobbed and promised to make me a map so I could find her. Then she asked if Dawn would come see her. I said of course. She said she would need two maps then. I tried to explain that it would be a very long time before any of this would happen. Then the heart wrenching question "Will I still have my grandma and grandpa?" I told she would always have them. Then I explained about the scrapbooks and saving memories for her. She asked if she could take the scrapbooks to her house. Of course, they are my memories for her. I told her she can make her own scrapbooks and save her own memories too. She told me I could take her scrapbooks to my house. What a big conversation and a very emotional bed time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment