Teagan and I went for a ride around the park after breakfast.
Teagan took a picture if the sign for me.
Teagan got a new friend so he had to come along. Seat belts are the law in Arizona!
Teagan getting buckled in. Nana and Papa didn't tell us where we were going. It was going to be a surprise. Teagan kept asking for hints.
We went to a U-Pick that had all kinds of animals. Teagan loved the little horses and donkeys.
I think the little pony was her favourite!!
Teagan posing in front of an orange tree.
Teagan tried the picker.
It was easier to pick by hand. These are Tangelos.
Here are the orange pickers. A five gallon pail full, cost $7.00
The donkeys and horses didn't seem to react but the birds went crazy when the Earthquake started. I wasn't sure of anything happening until Lil said "Is that an earthquake?" Then I felt the ground moving under my feet. It lasted about 5 - 10 seconds and left me dizzy. The light standard in the yard was swaying back and forth and the truck was rocking. Not something I wanted to ever feel again.
Here are the giant grapefruit.
And the humongous lemons. I want to pick lemons next time and make a lemonade stand for Teagan at the RV park. I think she would make a tonne of money. Lemons were on two dollars for a five gallon pail.
This fruit was waiting for people to buy, pre-picked!!
We went for a drive out to a Date farm and on the way we watch the lettuce harvest. We had lunch and the salad was so fresh. I bought some lettuce at the store and have never had such crunchy fresh lettuce in Calgary.
We stopped at a California RV park and played at the playground. Teagan gave her new friend moose a ride on the swing.
This is the view from the playground. That is the Colorado river.
Papa helped Teagan to traverse the playground obstacles.
Our family enjoying the California sunshine.
After supper Teagan had one of the juicy orange we had picked earlier that day.
After supper another surprise for Teagan, a pinata. She made a few swings at it and it would fall down and then Papa would hang it up again.
Papa did a thorough examination trying to find the prizes inside.
Teagan was frustrated as the pinata was made of cardboard and refused to break.
Finally she just shook the toys out and checked to make sure it was all gone.
We had a wonderful vacation. We were not quite ready to leave and come back to the snow and cold. Thanks Nana and Papa for a wonderful holiday and the all the great memories. We look forward to our next visit!!
No comments:
Post a Comment