On Thursday Teagan and I went out to Calaway to have brunch with the cousins. Then we walked over to the park. It was busy!! The girls found a lot of rides that they could all sit together on. Doug and Rochelle took turns taking Brody on rides that were his size. The girls hit all the big, fast rides. Doug went on some of the fast rides with the girls but most rides they could ride without an adult. The wait was long for some rides, especially the log ride which they waited for 90 minutes. After that long wait Rochelle and I talked about leaving but the girls were still raring to go on more rides. About 5:00 the park started to clear out and the girls didn't have to wait for any ride. So we stayed and they would get on one ride and then get off run around to the line and get right back on again. I think they went on more rides in the last two hours the park was open then they did all day.
The parked closed at 7:00. We spent eight hours at Calaway and the girls only sat still to have lunch. They ate a corn dog around supper time but it was while they were walking from one ride to another. The best part, I never got tired. It was a fun day and I got to enjoy it all. Of course I sat in the shade while the girls waiting in lines. I watched them on every ride and it was great to see their smiles and hear their screams. They had so much fun!! Hopefully it won't be another six years before they come to Calgary again.
No comments:
Post a Comment