Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Two Pie Tragedy

It started out much like any other day. Took Teagan to the day home this morning and then met the girls at the golf course. Had a good round with an awesome 7th hole where I birdied. Terrible drive off the tee, straight up and straight down. Landed about 30-40 yards from the green. Got out my nine and chipped it up onto the green and it rolled straight into the cup. I was in shock!! Finished the round and had lunch. Went to Walmart and bought Teagan some new running shoes, size 5!!! I think she will be wearing my shoes next summer. Then I came home and decided to make some pies. I thought what the heck I might as well make four instead of two, I only have to clean up once. I kept checking the time to make sure I would be done in time to pick up Teagan. Pies finished with a few minutes to spare. So I thought I would take one to the day home. So I start out to the van and some how I drop the pie, splat, on the garage floor. Well I clean it up and am now late to get Teagan so I thought I better take another pie so I have an excuse. Mahwash was so grateful for the pie, I was glad I took it. Get Teagan home and she wants to play outside in her new shoes, so I thought lets take Milt and Karen a pie next door. So I get a pie and head out the door with Teagan. She steps off the bottom step and falls to her knees I reach for her and drop the pie. I can't believe I dropped another pie. Right on the sidewalk at the bottom of the steps. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry... so I laugh. So Teagan and I go in to get something to pick up the pie with. I set Teagan on the step to watch and I scoop the pie back into the pie plate, some how I get it cleaned up quickly like I had done this once before... today!! So I ask Teagan to wait as I go to throw the pie out. I rush in and out to find Teagan standing by the pie remnants with a purple hand and chin. I laugh even harder!! Teagan likes pie, loves pie, even a little pie off the sidewalk. So I clean her up and we go next door with no pie to see Milt. After I tell him my day's adventure he comes over and carries his own pie home safely. Needless to say we now have two stains, one in the garage and one on the front sidewalk that will forever remind me of the day I got my first birdie. No use crying over spilt pies!!!

No comments: