Friday, November 16, 2007

Tubby Tea Party and Fishing

Another week off work and probably another one next week. Teagan and I will have lots of time for adventures.


Teagan often asks for water to play Tea Party and most of it usually end up on the floor. So to avoid the mess we decided to have a tubby tea party instead. It worked quite well, mess wise and once we fully understood that the tea water had to be tap water and not tubby water we were good to go.


We went to the zoo one Thursday with Michelle and Alyssa from the day home. The girls took turns be grouchy but most of the time they were quite content to be together out and about. We saw the baby elephant again and a lot of monkeys. We learned that zebras are not black and white but they are really brown and cream coloured. I got to pet the zebra hide and hold it's leg. Both were no longer attached to a living creature of course.


I realized on Wednesday as I was wrapping Christmas presents that I had bought way too many gifts for Teagan so I decided to give her a few gifts early. One was this fishing game/puzzle. She had so much fun fishing for all the sea creatures. She is very good about taking turns and sharing her fishing rod. Wait till summer grandpa, she'll be ready to catch a real one.


I am enjoying this stage when Teagan wants to help with all mommy's chores. She loves the washing machine and would watch it for hours if I let her. The dryer use to be her favourite but the washing machine has one thing the dryer lacked, water!! Teagan is very helpful with unloading the dishwasher, grocery shopping, washing vegetables, mixing and measuring and baking of any kind. It may take longer to do the chores but they are a lot more fun together.


On a recent trip to the craft store Teagan spotted this tray and just had to have it. I of course saw the practical use for such an item as the packaging had a child colouring and another eating a snack. Teagan tried to sit on it but the manufacture foresaw this and made it very flexible. Teagan ended up on the floor but wasn't quite sure how she got there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO RIDERS GO!