Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy 40th Anniversary

Mom and Dad celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on July 6th. They asked us not to do anything. The last Sunday we were home mass was being said for mom and dad's and Vaun and my anniversaries. So I invited all of my aunts and uncles and my grandma to attend the mass and then to go to the Evergreen for brunch. Then everyone came back to mom and dad's for cake and coffee. Mom was very surprised as she didn't know until she got to church that anything was happening.




Teagan couldn't wait for cake and grandma and grandpa let her help cut it.



We set the table with wedding memorabilia.


I put on mom's wedding dress. It was just a little tight. I had tried it on before we got married but we never took a picture.

It was a very nice day and I got to see my family that I hardly ever see. Mom and dad were okay with the fact that I did do something. It was too bad it went by so fast as we were on the road headed home by late afternoon.

No comments: