
Now you think with a title like that this post would about who??? Well, you would be wrong. This post is about me and the Mother's Day that I tear up about as I sit here and type. It is sinking in this morning how much Vaun and Teagan love and appreciate me.
My morning started with Teagan's "Happy Mother's Day" at 9:25 am as I was in the shower. She slept that long after our zoo trip the day before. There were many hugs and kisses and a promise to be nice to mommy because it was Mother's Day.
Vaun and Teagan gave me cards and gift cards to go out for supper and for my favourite scrapbook store. I was told the gifts would be spread out during the day.
Vaun made brunch. Teagan leaned over and stated "Daddy is doing all the work because it is Mother's Day and it will be my birthday in a few days!" She felt like she was getting the royal treatment too!!
Teagan and I played down stairs in the basement then tidied Nana and Papa's room. We did a good deed and set a spider free outside. Teagan was glad she didn't step on it as she had originally intended to do.
The next gift was a beautiful necklace I had bought for myself but Teagan didn't know that. Vaun had tried to pick one out but felt it was too personal of a gift that I shoudl pick it out myself. I also got some chocolate that I shared with Teagan. Then a phone call from Dawn, Teagan's birthmother. It had been so long since we had talked to her. We are glad she is moving back to Red Deer and will be closer to us. She is the one who made Mother's Day possible for me and I will be forever grateful.
Teagan and I had a quick snack and went back to playing.
Vaun made us delicious barbecued pizzas for supper. He made to order each individual pizza. Then he did all the clean up as Teagan and I played on the Wii. Then another gift, a Blue Tooth hands free for my cell phone. This gift was unexpected and so very thoughtful. I have refused to talk on my phone when driving and we as of yet have no law in Alberta to protect us from people who do.
I was blown away that there was so many gifts. My favourite gifts were of the hugs and kisses, songs and dances, and the time given to spend with my family. The words of appreciation from my loving husband and the admiration of my loving daughter. It makes everyday worth the time, effort and love I pour into even the littlest task I do for my family.
Thank-you for spoiling me rotten!!!
Oh, I forgot the beautiful bouquet of flowers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment